Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mani Ratnam’s Lajjo starring Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor




                                                            Amir khan in movie LAJJO

This film was planned almost a decade or half a decade before. Mani Ratnam’s fans and followers, at that time, had listed Lajjo as the next film of Mani Ratnam. Mani Ratnam almost had started the film with Gulzar and AR Rahman both doing their respective jobs.

The film is a period film which is set to happen at the time of partition. Lajjo is Mani Ratnam’s passionate film which he had to drop due to budget constraints at that time. Now, he will be doing this film before casting Ranbir Kapoor in his next film.
More than Aamir Khan who is composed all the time, Kareena Kapoor is on cloud nine after being signed up for ‘Lajjo’. She says, “I will be too happy. Giggly, girlie, Barbie doll roles don’t bring out the actor in me. I want to be challenged. I can’t play the singing, dancing mannequin any more. I’ve realised that as an actor, playing varied roles is what I enjoy the most. I’m starving for good roles. My characters in Ra.One and Saif’s home production Agent Vinod are powerful roles.”
After making ‘Raavanan’ for Rs. 120 crores and selling the distribution rights of the film for Rs. 350 crores, Mani Ratnam seems to possess the right budget for the making of the film ‘Lajjo’. Guess, this film set during partition will be only dubbed in Tamil!
However, Mani Ratnam probably feels it too early to confirm this report neither does Aamir Khan nor Kareeena

No comments:

Post a Comment