Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lajjo movie story in short


                                                       Amir &kareena in movie Lajjo

Lajjo is the forthcoming film to be directed byMani Ratnam starring Aamir Khan in the lead role. The film is being produced by Mani Ratnam and Bobby Bedi. The film’s soundtrack will be composed by AR Rahman with lyrics by Gulzar. Cinematography for the movie will be handled by PC Sriram. Editing is being handled by AS Prasad.

The movie is based on Ismat Chugtai’s short story of the same title. The movie will be shotcompletely at Rajasthan, India. The moviecast includes Aamir Khan & Kareena Kapoor(as Lajjo). The film is said to star another hero not yet finalized. The film will go on floors on December 6, 2005 after the completion of Ratnam’s current venture, Guru, which is in its post-production stage. The film is slated for a mid-2007 release.
Like Omkara which was a Shakespearean adaptationLajjo too is an Urdu literary work by Ismat ChugtaiKareena confirms “I have just signed the contract for Mani Ratnam’s new film Lajjo. First Shakespeare in Omkara and now Ismat Chugtai’s love story Lajjo, I’m glad I’ve arrived at this new phase in my career so effortlessly. “This will be the second time thatKareena will be working with Mani Ratnam after their film Yuva together. Kareena claims that“Mani Ratnam is definitely one of the most special directors I’ve worked with. When he contacted me for Lajjo, I couldn’t believe my luck as this was exactly what I wanted to do after Omkara.
This film will see Aamir Khan in a comic role after films like Andaaz Apna Apna & Ishq. This is the first time Mani Ratnam is ever working with Aamir Khan. The buzz is that Bobby Bedi will pay Aamir Khan a whopping 13 crores for this film and 25% box office gross. The film will be an adaptation of Ismat Chugtai’s book of the same title.
Star Cast & Crew
Movie Name: Lajjo
Status: Under Production
Language: Hindi
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Shooting Locations (City & Country): Rajasthan India
Producer: Bobby Bedi
Director: Mani Ratnam
Star Cast: Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor
Music Director: A R Rahman
Lyrics by: Gulzar
Cinematography: PC Sriram



No comments:

Post a Comment